scabooks: 1611 French/English dictionary

Greg Lindahl lindahl at pbm.com
Thu Sep 11 16:54:07 PDT 2003

For those of you with the French bug, I've put a searchable version
and facsimile of Randle Cotgrave's 1611 French/English Dictionary and
Grammar online at:

http://www.pbm.com/~lindahl/cotgrave/

Like my Florio, I have a search function where you can type in a
French word, and it will show you the column of the dictionary that
the definition is in. Saves a lot of flipping, either on paper or in
the pdf. The scans come from the French National Library.

Cotgrave is full of proverbs. I made a collection of them a while ago:

http://www.pbm.com/~lindahl/proverbs/

-- Gregory